Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SolidCAM vs Esprit

Dear SolidCAM team,

It seems users are mostly impressed with the Esprit’s Automation capabilities.

They have a completely new version: “Esprit TNG” – absolutely confusing for the thousands of existing Esprit customers!!

Many existing users refuse to move to “Esprit TNG” and others are considering new software instead, an opportunity for selling SolidCAM!

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...-users-363268/

Interesting User Comment on Esprit:
    “I've used esprit for 8 years, and Mastercam for 10 years prior.

Moving to Esprit was HELL. Nothing made sense.
    I still find, unless using the automation features in Esprit, that Mastercam is faster for BASIC toolpath generation.
    Also, simple 3d contouring toolpaths will generally be easier in Mastercam.

Where Esprit shines, in MY opinion, is automated toolpath generation, and the level of control\simplicity during complex multiaxis toolpaths.

That being said, it will take you quite some time to really get your shit tight and really understand how Esprit "sees" the way it looks at making the toolpaths.
    Only then, will you be able to really have the control you might be after.

I agree, the current offering of Esprit looks like something from 2000.

I was a beta tester, and offered a lot of feedback for the upcoming "Esprit TNG".
    That was painful, and very interesting at the same time.”

Best Regards,
    Emil Somekh

The major problem with Esprit's new version (ESPRIT TNG) is that it cannot read parts prepared in previous ESPRIT versions.

Watch Erik Forwith TV interview: https://solidcam.app.box.com/file/79...wv0sox37eol0al

This is why a lot of Esprit customers are refusing to move to TNG! A major terrible mistake by ESPRIT..

We make sure that every new SolidCAM version can read any other previous SolidCAM version Parts.

This is what we did in SolidCAM2021, regarding the new tool table - it took us a lot of development and QA effort to make sure that we could read parts, that have the previous tool table versions..

Emil Somekh

Comment

Dear SolidCAM Team and Resellers,

We have recently hired a new technical employee for our SolidCAM US team. He had a very long experience using Esprit, while doing project work for the mill-turn and swiss type customers, who bought such CNC machines from the machine tool resellers, where he worked before. See attached resume.

By the way, study the resume well – these are the experiences you need in a candidate, when hiring a new technical employee, who will be the technical expert to push our SolidCAM advanced mill-turn and Swiss type solution in this market niche, where we have the greatest potential to dominate.

The main and practically ONLY serious competitor that we will face in our journey to dominate this niche, is Esprit.

Please either watch the video or read the transcript of my interview with Eric, comparing his experience with SolidCAM, after only 1 month of practically only self-study, to his long term experience studying and using Esprit.

Interview Recording: https://solidcam.app.box.com/file/794058401331?s=hhrbs64iw5uct6hkegwv0sox37eol0al

Interview Transcript: https://solidcam.box.com/s/9pkdzbaw5...sgn62cvdciakpa

I am sure you will see how weak, problematic, difficult to learn and to use, Esprit actually is, compared to SolidCAM.

Best Regards,
      Emil Somekh
      Attached Files

Comment

Eric Forwith: SolidCAM is the perfect CAM for the ADVANCED MANUFACTURING market

Hi Erik,

I saw your interview a couple of times already – and I am excited again, every time I see it!

https://solidcam.app.box.com/file/79...wv0sox37eol0al

The beauty of it, is that it comes across as a frank message, given by one experienced CNC and CAM Machinist, talking from the heart, to all other CNC Machinists, conveying to them, in clear talk, the gist and summary of all your long-term experience, in Advanced Machining and CAM - a superb feat by any measure!

I am sure that all present and future SolidCAM US Advanced Mill-Turn and Swiss customers, will benefit greatly from your deep experience, thus augmenting and enhancing to a great extent the SolidCAM software capabilities.

All our Branches, Affiliates and Resellers worldwide, will be lucky to add to their teams, new staff that have at least a portion of your technical experience and your communication capabilities.

I am sure that all our Resellers will add their local language captions to your amazing interview, before mailing it to all their customers and prospects.

Full power ahead and enjoy your work in SolidCAM..

Best Regards,
        Emil Somekh

Comment

Working...
        X