Deep Hole Drilling or Rotary Broaching

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Hole Drilling or Rotary Broaching

Hello,
    Struggling with rotary broaching one my multi-turn today, and having to hand code. If you don't know what I'm trying to do here is a Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mid...channel=NYCCNC The cycle is you go in a 45 deg started hole .02 deep at 50 rpm .002 a rev, then change rpm to 800 and finish the depth desired, exit at .01 a rev. It would be nice to have a toolpath to control this or at least turn on multi-depth drilling for lath with that we can cheat it. I can't use live tooling for this operation because of the shank size. Another thing I would like to see added to the software is on the geometry page it would be helpful if there was an edit geometry button there also. One of the things that creates a problem is when you are using the solid instead of the wireframe function there is no way to reverse the tool path from that page.
    My two cents.
    Darran

Hello, yes this can all be done inside SolidCAM using the Multi-depth drilling. Here is how to use it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g5r...dCAMUniversity

Comment

Hey Darran,

Have you tried our multi-depth drilling show here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g5r...dCAMUniversity

Comment

One of the things that creates a problem is when you are using the solid instead of the wireframe function there is no way to reverse the tool path from that page.
        Shortkey_F5.png

There is no command in the mouses right click menu. But the shortcut "F5" works since some SolidCAM version (2019 or 2020) flawlessly. I am not sure if this is the same for InventorCAM.

Comment

Hello Darran,

You are not alone

Request to have multi depth drill operation also for turning have been adressed in november 2020 (SOL-14669). it's somethining indeed needed for millturn and swiss type application so we can hope to see it adressed in future since SolidCAM push these applications. as a top priority.

About the possibility to reverse the geometry on solid. It's something that create difficulties for begginers that learn our software (eventough you can use the tip from Markus with F5 shortcut)
          I my self adressed a request about it in june 2021 following a French customer complain.
          Reported as SOL-17421 Hervé/SolidCAM 2021SP1HF2/Staubli/Turning/Geometry on solid/add possibility to reverse chain direction in geometry definition

​​​​​​I hope that your feedback will make things progress. It's little details like these that make a solution easy to use or not.

Feedback of user are important. Thank your for sharing.

Comment

Hello Sidney,

Request to have multi-depth drill operation also for turning have been addressed in November 2020 (SOL-14669). it's something indeed needed for mill-turn and swiss type application, so we can hope to see it addressed in the future, since SolidCAM push these applications, as a top priority.

As was discussed with Michael Vinetsky, please advance the subject of Multi-depth drill operation for Turning.

Best Regards,
            Emil Somekh

Comment

• sidney.eisner@solidcam.com
              sidney[email protected] commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi,
              This task is now being worked on. I have assigned this to the proper developer for the GUI. When this is done, Michael will deal with the Gcode issue. (SOL-14669)

I got a request from the current customer, can we adding a option what can choose the diffrent coolant in the "coolant" window?

Comment

Hi,
              Sorry for the delayed answer.
              As I see it, we can already choose different coolant from the coolant window.

Attached Files
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

[email protected], he probably thought about using different coolant option per each z-level.

Comment

[email protected] I see. We would have to check with development on that as it is a bit involved.
                  As for GUI it can be done.

Comment

Hello [email protected], @[email protected]

As mentionned by Darran in first comment of this thread:
                    "Another thing I would like to see added to the software is on the geometry page it would be helpful if there was an edit geometry button there also. One of the things that creates a problem is when you are using the solid instead of the wireframe function there is no way to reverse the tool path from that page."

Can we add a command in GUI to reverse the geometry on solid (turning jobs)?
                    It's a basic request, and it was reported SOL-17421

I did a customer training and again saw new users struggling with this.

It’s a simple request. Just adding a button in GUI.
                    The behavior already works (trough F5 shortcut).

Let's not add workaround or tricks for something simple like reversing the geometry.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X