No announcement yet.

SolidCAM vs Esprit

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SolidCAM vs Esprit

What is SolidCAM's advantage over Esprit?

Watch the amazing interview of Erik Forwith:
    https://solidcam.box.com/s/hhrbs64iw...wv0sox37eol0al

SolidCAM has several main advantages vs Esprit:

1. SolidCAM is seamlessly integrated in SolidWorks, the leading solid CAD system worldwide - the CAD of Esprit is basic, weak CAD.

2. SolidCAM revolutionary iMachining technology is Totally Superior to Esprit's Profit Milling.

3. Geometry creation is totally superior and esaier in SolidCAM vs Esprit.

4. SolidCAM Sim5X is superior to Esprit's capabilities.

5. SolidCAM Advanced Mill-Turn and Swiss type are superior to Esprit's capabilities.

6. SolidCAM user interface is easier to learn and use than Esprit.

6. SolidCAM's Post processors are more easily customizable than Esprit's posts.

7. SolidCAM Simulator is superior to Esprit Simulation.

Comment

Dear SolidCAM team,

Esprit have a completely new version: “Esprit TNG” – absolutely confusing for the thousands of existing Esprit customers!!

TNG is not backward compatible to previous ESPRIT versions! You can only simulate previous CAM parts and cannot do any edit to them!

Many existing users refuse to move to “Esprit TNG” and others are considering new software instead, an opportunity for selling SolidCAM!

Interesting User Comment on Esprit:
      I've used Esprit for 8 years, and Mastercam for 10 years prior.

Moving to Esprit was HELL. Nothing made sense.
      I still find, unless using the automation features in Esprit, that Mastercam is faster for BASIC toolpath generation.
      Also, simple 3d contouring toolpaths will generally be easier in Mastercam.

Where Esprit shines, in MY opinion, is automated toolpath generation, and the level of control\simplicity during complex multiaxis toolpaths.

That being said, it will take you quite some time to really get your act tight and really understand how Esprit "sees" the way it looks at making the toolpaths. Only then, will you be able to really have the control you might be after.

I agree, the current offering of Esprit looks like something from 2000.

I was a beta tester, and offered a lot of feedback for the upcoming "Esprit TNG".
      That was painful, and very interesting at the same time
      .”

Best Regards,

Emil Somekh

Comment

Dear SolidCAM Team and Resellers,

We have recently hired a new technical employee for our SolidCAM US team. He had a very long experience using Esprit, while doing project work for the mill-turn and swiss type customers, who bought such CNC machines from the machine tool resellers, where he worked before.

By the way, study his resume well – these are the experiences you need in a candidate, when hiring a new technical employee, who will be the technical expert to push our SolidCAM advanced mill-turn and Swiss type solution in this market niche, where we have the greatest potential to dominate. See attached Resume.

The main and practically ONLY serious competitor that we will face in our journey to dominate this niche, is Esprit.

Please either watch the video or read the transcript of my interview with Eric, comparing his experience with SolidCAM, after only 1 month of practically only self-study, to his long term experience studying and using Esprit.

Interview Recording: https://solidcam.box.com/s/dl5b8my20...kgsb5txho6oorj

Interview Transcript: https://solidcam.box.com/s/9pkdzbaw5...sgn62cvdciakpa

TV interview: https://solidcam.box.com/s/qoi7ik0w0...ynd7r0thi3jjwu

I am sure you will see how weak, problematic, difficult to learn and to use, Esprit actually is, compared to SolidCAM.

Best Regards,
        Emil Somekh
        Attached Files

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X