• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SolidCAM2021 On-Line Help

SolidCAM2021 On-Line Help for Milling, Turning and GPPTOOL:

https://solidcam.help/

Hello Emil,

Maybe I missed this information, but please:

1. Is this on-line help available from the main website?

2. Do you plan to replace old help files with this on-line help?

3. Is this available from the menu of SC2021?

And last but not least 4. GPP Wizard has its own help files too?

Thank you.

Ivan Cimr
    SolidCAM CZ

Comment

Hello Ivan,

1. Is this on-line help available from the main website? Not yet, but we will put it in website when we release SolidCAM2021 to customers also.

2. Do you plan to replace old help files with this on-line help? These new help files are also inside the Help of SolidCAM2021 version.

3. Is this available from the menu of SC2021? Yes.

4. GPP Wizard has its own help files too? I have to check with Lucas Cerny.

Best Regards,
      Emil

Comment

Hi Ivan,

I was writing my reply around the same time Emil posted, I didn't realize.

I'd like to respond too:
        1. This is not yet available from the main website, but it will be when SC2021 is opened to customers. I'm currently working on a similar output for SC2020 Help, to make it available on the web too. It's also important, and I think we need it asap!
        2. This Online Help, though it has a different looking interface, provides the exact same information as our Local Help that's available in the Help menu of SolidWorks > SolidCAM Help Topics. When Online Help is live, it will be searchable via your browser. And eventually, we'll be able to publish updates daily, whereas Local Help updates can only be seen at every release. I foresee, when everything is finalized, we can give customers the option, at Install, to use Online Help vs Local Help (if they have web access), just like SolidWorks does with their Help.
        3. Our Local Help is currently available in the Help menu of SolidWorks > SolidCAM Help Topics.
        4. GPPTool Help has always had its own help files/topics. This is also available in the Help menu of SolidWorks > SolidCAM Help Topics. And the GPPTool Help is integrated and viewable from the GCode topic of both our Milling and Turning Help systems. Currently, we don't have information on GPP Wizard in the GPPTool Help.
        P.S. This is a work in progress, and it will change and improve over time.

Best Regards,
        John
        Last edited by John D'Amico; 01-27-2021, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Hi John D'Amico

Every once in a while we bump into an uncovered topic in the help documentation.

We use the context help with F1 quite a bit, only to sometimes be taken to the root help page because the functionality we tried to learn about is not included in the help yet.

I guess it's the price of having a fast development pace, one documentation guys can't keep up with. I prefer that than the alternative.

That said, we could flood technical support if we open a ticket everytime this situation occurs.

What would be the best channel to report gaps in the documentation in a way we do not overwhelm technical support with documentation issues?

Tks
          Daniel
          ​​
          Last edited by MillTurnBr; 05-31-2021, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X