Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with TwinTools in the new Tool Table

Hi dears!

He're Tommaso from SolidEngineering, an Italian SolidWorks reseller that co-operates with SolidCAM Italy.

A customer has a multitasking machine (Doosan SMX, very imprevvise machine) and have to deal with those kind of tools, called TwinTools, that have two cutters, mainly one for roughing and one for finishing.

Here's an example : https://www.sandvik.coromant.com/en-...dcm12ddm15l105

How would you deal with that in the new tool table?
    Then, the orientation of the tool is operated by some parameters called at the tool change, that the post processor can handle, but my question is about defining it with the Toolkit.

Thank you so much!

Tommaso

Hi Tommaso,

I have received already many times requests for a similar tool holder.
    There will be a webinar about how to import Holders, cutters, inserts for various components and the plan is to include this one as well.
    The webinar will be held on the 15th of April.

Please stay tuned.

Comment

Just a small hint about the upcoming webinar:
      Untitled.png

Comment

Hello Daniel,
        do you have any further details about the exact date and starting time of this webinar?
        Thank you, best regards Andreas

Comment

Hi Andreas,

The webinar is postponed to the 28th of April. There will be at least 2 webinars about it. One for Milling and one for Turning tool components.
          Soon you will receive an invitation.

Comment

Hi Daniel

The first Webinar on 29 April already conducted , may i know when will upload the video link into this forum? because the webinar showing are a bit too fast , i need to download the video and refer step by step.

Comment

Hi Wind Goh,

Basically, go visit our solidcam.com and go to the webinar section, there you will see the latest recordings:

https://www.solidcam.com/videos/webi...test-webinars/

Comment

Hi Daniel,

which build number did you use in the webinar? I have problems with the cutting point orientation as you can see at the screenshot.

best regards

Stefan

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stefan,

The problem you might have is with the Device and Station coordinate system position and default tool direction. They are crucial for preview in that case.
                  Please check it closely. If you still have a problem please feel free to contact me.

Comment

Working...
                  X