This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up-To-Date SolidCAM2021 Post-Processor webinar series

The subjects that will be covered in the "Up-To-Date Post-Processor" webinar series:

1st Webinar (Video | Webinar Content | Forum)
    • Add new magazine folder into VMID before opening SC2021 in the case if Spindle turret type exists
    • Using new get_magazine_id function
    • How to properly convert VMID and how can be used in SC'20 and SC'21 versions in parallel
    • Mention the main things that are different in the new VMID 21' (Axes Pattern, Index Table,..)
    • Conversion of post-processors that includes get_tool_direction_in_station
    • New get function for tool vector direction in the station
    • Explanation of first/second/third_local_plane variables in @rotate_to_plane and @plane_data
    • Submachine movements will be done by the last tool used by default
    • Showing a new option in MCO for Current Location
    • Showing calculated values inside brackets for dynamic attributes inside MCO
    • Showing the possibility to add formula inside the MCO
    • Added Table Flood option
    • Tool offset index option available in the Post-Processor

2nd Webinar (Video | Webinar Content | Forum)
    • Handling the 4x Face with tilt plane parameter
    • New parameter page added "ToolKit" under Working Style into .VMID (SOL-16081)
    • Using variables Tool_origin_position_x,y,z for tool origin position
    • Showing new variables station_name_in_turret and station_angle_in_turret
    • behind the scenes on the new part_tool_tag, next_tool_tag_on_turret, next_part_tool_tag_on_turret variables
    • Effective management of Drive Units output
    • hupos is restored in @drill_point procedure
    • Using get last job number in channel
    • How user_tool_offset works in SC2021?
    • Bonus: How to use is_last_job_using_drive_unit

3rd Webinar (Video | Webinar Content | Forum)
    • Using is_joint_name_exist get function in advanced Mill-Turn and Swiss-Type machines
    • Using new get-function to get Base Geometry data
    • Using get number of components and get component names functions
    • Definition of side_h variable with an example at @compensation
    • Fixed side_o in @compensation procedure for turning jobs on back spindles
    • Why Arcs in Main Planes only is deleted from VMID and how it works in SC2021
    • Mention changes in @arc procedure and how arcs are generated
    • Why variables xcenter_abs, ycenter_abs, zcenter_abs are added into @arc procedure?
    • topos coordinate set has been removed from @arc procedure
    • How to use omachine_plane?
    • Added variable “arc_approximate” at @start_of_job

4th Webinar (Video | Webinar Content | Forum)
    • Rotary Turret interpolation parameter, how and when it should be used
    • Showing the updated definition for the coordinate sets
    • job_type for THSR changed values
    • is_chamfer variable has been added into a trace in the case of Contour3D job
    • How d_offset and h_offset works in SC2021?
    • Explanation of the new parameter Automatic Nose Point
    • Explanation of Inclined Tool Nose Position parameter
    • How to properly use the "Revolve Holders for Milling" option

5th Webinar (Video | No Webinar Content | Forum)
    • Updated definition for 5x HH kinematic with Use Kinematic Axes
    • Implemented limitation to Internal procedure
    • Using the function for getting the final gear ratio
    • Example for getting the stock and target data in position
    • Updated definition for change bit for center_rel variables
    • Mention removed variables from @drill procedure - Removed variables from @drill
    • Definition of MAC_ID variable
    • Definition of plane_data_ID
    • Updated rules for printing @rotate_to_plane
    • Explain Dynamic offset option inside VMID
    6th Webinar (Video | Webinar Content | Forum)
    • Implementing Sub-Tools based on controllers
    • Indexed Revolver tool call
    • Interpolation for distance usage
    • New Machine Simulation structure
    • How to put across the conversion of Cutter cutting points from earlier versions
    7th Webinar (Final) (Video | Project| Presentation | Forum)
    • What’s new in Sub-Tools in SP5 release
    • Added stock_in variable in @setup
    • In general the implementation of Angular Holders
    • Implementing Angular Holders on a machine without tilting cycle
    • Implementing Angular Holders on a machine with tilting cycle

Excellent

Emil

Comment

please explain, how the software will be improved to handle:

- angular heads for kinematics/controllers without tilted plane -> SolidCAM needs to print just G1/G0. Currently, this works, but for drill cycle, we need to cancel the cycle manually -> dangerous

also, the compensation fails, we get for "side": error_side -> standard posts will print dangerously wrong Gcode.

noticed this on millturn XYZC angular head on XYZC machine.png
      Last edited by MarkusRoth; 11-17-2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Danijel,

very very nice and useful webinar!!!
        As I expected you explained all of stuff very well :-)

From my side I have just two things:
        • Could we show the transformed MACs with another collour or with some designation in order to easier find all of them. hier is already one FS-Task from the time where I did the milling posts much more then today: https://www.solidcam2006.com/index.p...&task_id=38978
        • Could you explain us the new one option "Plane Reference CoordSys" and the difference between "Position CS" and "Tool Position CS"
        Many thanks in ahead,
        Goran

Comment

Thanks, Markus, Goran,
          We will make sure we go through these topics in the upcoming webinars.

Comment

tilted coordsys.png

hi Danijel,

next thing about angular head on XYZC machine. The toolpath is a circle. As i dont have 5 axis on the machine itself, the toolpath which is a circle in a tilted plane with 30°, i get the arcs broken into linear segments. The Machine has a Siemens 840, i can tilt the plane with "ROT Y30". As far i saw on the machine, it would work, i tested with manually edited gcode.

my question: can we support such a situation, where the 5th axis is in the angular head, to have arcs in the tilted plane? It also would help alot the user, because we can use G41/G42.

Comment

Hi Markus,

I did this already for a Star SX-38 swiss type machine and it worked very well with G68.1 output from the postprocessor and with full support for arc and compensation output.

Best regards
              Markus

Comment

• MarkusRoth
                MarkusRoth commented
                Editing a comment
                hi Markus,

can you tell me, what you did in the VMID to get arcs in such a situation?

Hi Markus,

On Index machine (C100,C200 etc) wich are XYZC multi turret machine there is cycle to tilt CS around Y .
              So you have to define Tilted Plane Definition on customize with 1st rotation = Y and 2nd rotation and third rotation = NONE
              I'm sending you the post.

By this way, drill cycle, arcs can be done in a tilted plane with an angular head

Comment

• MarkusRoth
                MarkusRoth commented
                Editing a comment
                salut Hervé,

Markus Ritter showed me this. I was surprised, that this is working and yes, we have then all the benefits including arcs, compensation and drill cycles. In my case, its a DMG CLX750 with Sinumerik 840, so i will use ROT and TRANS and lpos set :-)

thanks for your help too

Now, a message to developement team:

We still miss definition to support angular head.
              Customer has two machine:
              INDEX C200 with Siemens 840D = 2 XYZC rotary turret machine ---> This machine HAS tilited plane option -> we CAN use drill cycle and arcs and compensation with angular heads

OKUMA_LT2000 with OSP_P300LA = 2 XYZC rotary turret machine - ---> This machine HASN'T tilited plane option -> we CAN't use drill cycle and arcs and compensation with angular heads

For arcs, SolidCAM do what is necessary. Arcs are automatically converted into lines in jobs that recquiere it regarding VMID where tilited plane option isn't available.

For compensation, SolidCAM Don't do what is necessary. Compensation should be deactivated automatically in jobs that recquiere it regarding VMID where tilited plane option isn't available.

For drill cycle, SolidCAM Don't do what is necessary. Drill cycle should be automatically deactivated in jobs that recquiere it regardingVMID where tilited plane option isn't available.

---> In addition, the retract of the drill need to be done in Feed type, and not in rapid, otherway the toolpath is not respected on machine (X and Z axis don't have same feed, and therefore the retract is not executed in the hole axis = tool broke during retract). Today we can't handle retract feed in drill job of SC. = NO OTHER CHOICE THAN MANUEL GCODE EDITION.

All of this need today to be handled by user responsability. And it represent a lot of risk of error, tool broke, error on machine etc. Workaround is to add additionnal check in GPP. But it's a mess.

If I program Mill turn project on a machine that support tilited plane option, it's solidcam that should allow to use drill cycle and arcs and compensation with angular heads ( job in a tilted plane)
              If I program Mill turn project on a machine that DON't support tilited plane option, it's solidcam that should Don't allow to use drill cycle and arcs and compensation with angular heads ( job in a tilted plane)

It shouldn't be user or Post writter to struggle with this.

We have same kind of issue with 4th axis jobs with cartesian / polar coordinate.
              cartesian coordinate = arcs and compensation can be used.
              polar coordinate = arcs and compensation can't be used. + recquire line interpolation

this should done automatically in jobs. Today GPP writters or users has to take care about it.

All of this complexify programming, and complexify GPP writting.
              it can conduct to broke tool, loose time, wrong machining result, error during Gcode execution... etc.

CAM solution that handle these rules, makes CAM programming easier, and Post-Processor more reliable and efficient.

Sorry for bad quality drawing. But it's enough to understand.

Drill cycle not in main planes on a machine without tilted plane feature.png
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Hervé Philibien; 11-26-2021, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• MarkusRoth
                MarkusRoth commented
                Editing a comment
                i fully agree with Hervé. The VMID is a great thing and we should have the ability to define even more precise, what the machine/controller is able to do and what not. It will help the post writer and it will help the customers.

• Hervé Philibien
                Hervé Philibien commented
                Editing a comment
                and we need to control feed or rapid in link/approach/retracts in 2.5D jobs. SOL-14261

• GDUDUKOVIC
                GDUDUKOVIC commented
                Editing a comment
                hi Hervé,
                very nice explained in detail!!!!
                We all have the same problems or better to say needs, any I agree with all your sugesstions.

Hi Herve,

Hope you are well mate!

On Okuma OSP you can use G127 - they call it slope machining - we use this on all our Okuma Multus machines. Unless you are saying the specific machine does not have the slope machining option?

Regards,
              Grant
              Last edited by [email protected]_ANZ; 11-27-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Hi Grant.

yes G127 is an option in OSP controlller. see picture attached

G127 - OSP controller.png

Generally 5 axis machine and Millturn - B axis machine have tilted plane option. (that's why you have it in multus, macturn etc)
                Whereas
                3/4 axis machine and Millturn - Revolver Turret machine don't have it.
                It's the same in Fanuc .

(Not true for all machine brand, but most of them, yes. For exemple INDEX machine include tilted plane whatever machine is XYZC or XYZCB. I don't know if it's relative to machine brand or Siemens controller)

Now imagine your customer who add the multus add another machine to his factory:
                OKUMA LT 2000 - OSP 300 - Revolver turret XYZC = NO tilted plane (G127) available
                OKUMA multus - OSP 300 - B axis = tilted plane (G127) available

Your awesome post-processor GENERIC TEMPLATE for OSP 300 controller will need then to receive workaround inside to manage :
                ->no use of compensation in tilted plane (since there is no G127 option on OKUMA LT 2000 - OSP 300 - Revolver turret XYZC + angular head )
                ->no use of drill cycle in tilted plane (since there is no G127 option on OKUMA LT 2000 - OSP 300 - Revolver turret XYZC + angular head )
                ->no retract in rapid in drill in tilted plane (since there is no G127 option on OKUMA LT 2000 - OSP 300 - Revolver turret XYZC + angular head )

So now instead to manage one single file for GENERIC TEMPLATE for OSP 300 controller, you have two Post-processor files to manage from SC version to version.

Now since SC 2021 support angular head in NTT and simulation and is available for any customer, how to deal with existing Customer Post-processor Database?
                Should we add this workaround in any post ?

Now imagine your customer switch his CAM program from
                OKUMA multus - OSP 300 - B axis = tilted plane (G127) available
                to
                OKUMA LT 2000 - OSP 300 - Revolver turret XYZC = NO tilted plane (G127) available

-> he will have to deactivated compensation in 2.5D jobs of existing CAM program wich are in tilted plane
                -> he will have to deactivated use of drill cycle in existing CAM program wich are in tilted plane
                -> he will have to take care that no retract in rapid happen in drill job of existing CAM program wich are in tilted plane (MANUAL G CODE EDITION RECQUIERED)

That's what happened to me and customer several times (with Okuma and Fanuc)

So
                it's really a pain to have to downgrade and add workaround in GPP for post-processor in such case.
                It's really a pain for users to have to modify many things in their CAM project in such case.

All of these, could be avoided by handlind this in VMID and software.
                It's needed to fully support angular head.

Definition:
                Does machine support tilted plane ?(regarding VMID definition)
                Yes = as today
                No = automatically deactivate compensation and use of drill cycle for jobs that are not in main plane (as we do for arcs in SC2021)

+ need a solution to be able to control feed/rapid retract in drill jobs (and more generally need to control feed/rapid retract in 2.5D jobs : SOL 14261)

Comment

Hi Vukasine,
                  very nice webinar!!! Very well explined!!!
                  I would like to comment two things:
                  • If compensation not possible because of out of plane, it should be disable already direct in operation.
                  • Beside tne new variable "arc_approximate" we need the one more variable about "Interpolation for Tolerance" for Face Milling at machines without Face Interpolation Cycle (G12.1 / TRANSMIT)
                  Many thank in ahead
                  Goran

Comment

Hello,
                  I think it should be mention in one of the upcoming pp webinars:
                  https://solidcam.atlassian.net/browse/SOL-19487

BR,
                  Gora

Comment

Working...
                X