SyncMaster App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SyncMaster App

When we, in SolidCAM UK, started to do Swiss-type post processors, we found that the software for reading multi-channel CNC programs is really necessary. But we could not find one which would be suitable for our needs. So, we invented it.

SyncMaster App is the software which makes it possible to read CNC programs with up to 3 channels in one or several files.

It is free and you can download it by the link: https://solidcamuk.egnyte.com/fl/SOqV7WJiOT

There are two files:
    — SyncMaster.exe
    — Machines.xml

EXE-file is the application itself. It does not need to be installed. Just copy it to wherever you want on your PC. Make sure you run it without administrative rights.
    XML-file is our configuration database for Swiss-type lathes we have already developed in the past. You may import this XML-file using tools inside the application.

And you can add your own configurations, your own M-codes, G-codes, and so on. You can save them and pass to your customers or colleagues if they need.

Usually customers have similar software provided by the manufacturer of the machine they bought. So, SyncMaster is more like a tool for developers and not for customers. But you can use and send it freely.

We have tried SyncMaster with Citizen and STAR machines. So, it contains sync features specific to these manufacturers. Tornos, Tsugami, and other manufacturers may have their own sync features I am not aware of, because I have not done any of these machines. When we encounter such machines I will add everything what is needed for them.

And one last note. I will update SyncMaster from time to time but as long as it is an auxiliary tool I will not pay much attention to it and it will unlikely replace Notepad++. The main job is developing post processors.

Have fun!

Mikhail Onegov
    SolidCAM UK

Hi Mikhail,

the SyncMaster is a very handy tool for us post writers and i like it a lot. But i've found some issues with it and i hope the following can be fixed or implemented:
    • Search function to search for a string (Ctrl+F)
    • Possibility to open larger files
    • Four channel synchronization for e.g. TRAUB machines
    • Remove the word wrap

Also there are some issues with the synchronization of wait codes that can be syncrhonized between channel two and channel one or channel three. It is strange because some of this codes (M40, M41, M82, M83) will be synchronized correctly and the other ones (M42, M43, M44, M45, M54, M55) not.

It should be synchronized like this:

Should look like.png

But it would be synchronized like this:

Not working.png

I attached the programs and also the SyncMaster Machine file. Maybe you could improve it. I would appreciate it very much.

Greetings
    Markus
    Attached Files
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-28-2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Hi Mikhail,

I had liked a lot your app - it is simple but powerful. As you said the APP is an auxiliary tool and it isn't your focus.

For that I have an idea, do you know GitHub? You can share your source code and everyone can contribute to the project and increase or improve all the features. I can be one of those. With that, you still can have control of the project because you can check all the changes before the merge with your project

Please let me know what do you think.

Regards,
      Juan Ramirez
      SolidCAM Brazil

Comment

For the record, CIMCO-Edit can do that as well...

Comment

For me, as a Swiss-type postprocessor writer, I need a simple way to synchronize the NC-Code. Therefore Cimco is not my first choice for that,
          because it is too complicated with several different Machines.

Also, Cimco struggled with some special synch Codes in the past. For the simplest synchronization, I use Cimco. But if they are more special then it is a real pain to achieve a proper synchronization with it.

Comment

Hi guys,

I have seen your messages only today when my colleague (also Mikhail) told me about that.

Yes, CIMCO-Edit is being constantly developed. Now there is a new button to select which channels and with which commands you would like to synchronize. For those who are used to use CIMCO, this is a choice. But I don't use CIMCO, I use Notepad++ and SyncMaster instead.

Markus, I understand what you are talking about. The question is, 'How does the machine know which channels to synchronize by command M54? 1st and 2nd? Or 2nd and 3rd?' Because you defined M54 to synchronize both between 1st and 2nd, and between 2nd and 3rd.

And the answer is Machine State. Which state is the machine in at the current moment?

So, SyncMaster should act like a real machine, memorize the current state (commands like M171, M172, M173 on Star machines).

If you have an idea how to implement that in a generalized form, please let me know.

Markus, what do you mean by word wrap? There should be no word wrap at all.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
            Mikhail

Comment

Hi Mikhail,

Originally posted by Mikhail Onegov View Post
              Markus, I understand what you are talking about. The question is, 'How does the machine know which channels to synchronize by command M54? 1st and 2nd? Or 2nd and 3rd?' Because you defined M54 to synchronize both between 1st and 2nd, and between 2nd and 3rd.
              The machine (CNC-controller) does the syncronization according to this rule:

M40 (Z-Axis synchronization ON)
              M41 (Z-Axis synchronization OFF)
              M54 (C-Axis synchronization ON)
              M55 (C-Axis synchronization OFF)
              M82 (Spindle synchronization ON)
              M83 (Spindle synchronization OFF)

For example these M-Codes can be used in channel one and channel three. It es because of the fact that the control of Z1, C1 and Spindle-1 can be switched between them. If we start the program at the machine then the channel (one or three) which is first run into one of the M-Codes will stop and wait for channel two to also come to the same M-Code. Then the channels (one and two or three and two) who waited for each other start runing again. And so on....

And the answer is Machine State. Which state is the machine in at the current moment?
              So yes the answer is machine state. Memorizing the current state and check them for each other.

If you have an idea how to implement that in a generalized form, please let me know.
              I only knew the background how it work. But i don't know what is the correct way to implement such a logic. But it should be very simple. Because most of these M-Codes are synchronized with simple logic inside the PMC at the machine.

Markus, what do you mean by word wrap? There should be no word wrap at all.
              Right at the moment i have no NC-Code file to show it. But if the line is very long then it will be wrapped. And because of this wrapped line the synchronized lines will be missaligned. If i have such a case in the future i will post it here and also attach the NC-Code.

Greetings
              Markus

Comment

Working...
              X